Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy 32

What is it about 32? Such symmetry. 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2

My age in human years.

I never got very far in imagining "over 30" when I was in my teens and pre-teens. I could barely imagine college. Now that I am in my 30s, I'm intrigued. All those seeds I planted in my youth are starting to have perceptible sprouts.

My potential is starting to change into actual. Then there is the new potential.

It is nice when you stop wishing you could be something else. I now am 100% certain I will never be

  • An Olympic gymnast

  • A famous rock and roll star like Janis Joplin

  • An amazingly rich person

  • Coordinated and directionally savvy

  • A poet living in the Latin Quarter of Paris

  • Thin or conventionally lovely (check out those eyebrows, folks!)

But I am just as certain of my true potentials, as I have been given some very hopeful little sparkly bits of confirmation that I will be (or already am)

  • A published writer

  • A true character

  • A psychic

  • A foodie

  • A happy person with a family, friends, house, Chihuahuas, and a loving and interesting partner

  • An inventor

  • A developing soul, in the most newagey sense of the phrase

  • A person who can afford to occasionally splurge, with absolutely no reason to complain

Such a wonderful lists of am-now-or-will-be's.

What a way to be 32! Somebody told me yesterday that I am hilarious. Today somebody told me I could be a great food writer. Gosh darn. Another thing to add to my list of potential careers for my next incarnation. Currently I am working on published author, media doyenne, consultant chic smartie pants, psychic, blogger, college instructor, and technical writer. Whew! That is a lot to fit on a business card.

So you can put "generally fantastic", that will do. Kiss my arse, I'm Thirty Two!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

FranIAm said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!


Happiest of Birthdays!!!!!

Yay you.

IMHO anything after 30 is good.

Anything after 40 is great- but no rush to get there!

I can't wait for 50 - less than 3 months away.

Distributorcap said...

HBD --- 32
wait until 50 -- then you know you cannot be the next Nadia Comaneci

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Am!!!