Saturday, October 6, 2007

Brittany Spears, Spaniels, Columbian Coffee, Yarn, Playthings, Best HDTV, Christian Rock, Linux, History of Sprain

Real Title: Blogging Around
Today my goal is to discover ten cool blogs.

  1. Fistacuffs. This site is a contest site for artists who are challenged to draw wonderful superheros, or other such characters. The creativity of these artists is paramount. It is wonderful to see so many different types of artistry-- from the sacred to the profane and everything in between. Check out Maple Ann Eggs by Rosemary VanDeuren.
  2. Gay Uganda. "The sun rises, and goes down. The rain falls, and clouds sweep across the skies. And the day is still beautiful, when there is rain and when there is sunshine. I never knew that I would ever get this mastery of the language that I use in writing. I mean, a secret. I stammer. Considerably!" Can this quote say it all for me? What a discovery!
  3. Vegan Lunch Box. Check out May 7. What a wonderful excuse to be creative: Lunch! Those vegans are creative of necessity, and even omnivores can benefit.
  4. Origami Tessellations. The nature of folded paper at its most intricate. Meditative.
  5. ilovetypography. The curves and lines of a good typeface bring us back to the beauty of the beginnings of language and letters. Such subtlety. The microcosm of how we print what we are trying to express is important and poetic.
  6. Risley Ranch. Creative types on the other side of the spectrum. I was snagged by this wondeful piece about the tao of milking a cow. A lot of content about social networking. Check out Micro Persuasion, as well.
  7. Philly Roller Girls. Click on a team name, then an individual skater's name. The outfits are out of this world!
  8. 7 Color Lagoon. Despite some weird formatting, this blog has diverse and fascinating topics, nice photos.
  9. Visual Mumbling. A photoblog that looks on middle America with incredible sensitivity and reverence.
  10. Big Fat Deal. A size acceptance blog (in other words, it is okay to be a big beautiful woman!). Charming: it doesn't hit you over the head with political talk, just about being fat and gorgeous. Loving it! I am currently working on getting healthy, but my goal weight is still considered "moderately obese". Pshaw!

4 comments:

FranIAm said...

Back from Spain and glad to be dropping by.

What a post. It will take me forever to get caught up on my blogging, but what a delight.

Maria said...

I thought that they all looked interesting, except for the vegan lunches and origami...

Can't do either of them and don't want to learn.

Eric said...

Hi Maria,

As the author of the origami blog linked above, I can assure you it's definitely a niche taste :)

It's mostly useful for great design work for architectural and fashion reasons, actually, so who knows? Maybe someday it will come into your life unknowingly!

rvandeuren said...

Hey, thanks for the shout-out, lady! I'm on here now, too.

Love the Big Fat Deal blog :)

<3